When in Hong Kong: Wonton noodles at Mak's

My recent trip to Singapore reminded me of the fact that I almost forgot my self-imposed mission to share all the foodie finds we tried while in Hong Kong. Since we were on a Michelin-starred restaurant hunt, we checked out Mak's Noodle while at The Peak.


I like how they plastered their reviews on their glass windows for everyone to see. If it's approved by Mr. Anthony Bourdain, then you can bet I'm willing to try it!


We found out that the traditional serving size of a wanton noodle soup is supposed to be in a tiny bowl to keep the egg noodles from getting soggy. According to tradition, wonton dumplings should fit in a teaspoon. I've gotten used to the giant servings we have in Manila that I was almost shocked at how tiny our bowl was.

We each ordered pork and shrimp and beef brisket noodle bowls at around HKD $33-48 each. The egg noodles were perfect and the soup had an intensely rich flavor. Despite the tiny size, we were happy with our noodles! The giant ones we have in Manila pale in comparison!


Perfect for the freezing Peak weather! The service was also exceptional. All the waiters were friendly--which was rare for Hong Kong. Jake loved his bowl, although he made a beeline towards the nearest Burger King after our meal 'cause one tiny bowl was not enough for this fella.

I'm already craving my next bowl of Mak's noodles!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment