Into the land of Chatuchak and Platinum

When in Bangkok, I recommend you stay at Ds67 Suites, a small boutique hotel with an awesome coffee shop in the lobby. The rooms are well-furnished and affordable, the service is great, and it's about a minute away from the nearest BTS (Phra Khanong) station which makes it easy to go around the city.


For a cheap Php 70, when converted, you'll go gaga over their own special brew of iced coffee. In fact, I'm willing to head to Bangkok again just for another cup of that perfect strong blend!


Of course, Bangkok is a shopping mecca for girls like me who love clothes. Since we were there during the worst part of the red shirts rebellion, most of the malls were closed. We DID get to shop at the famous Jatujak--where they sell everything from puppies to clothes, and spent the whole day just exploring two sois (or streets). They sell really cheap dresses and tops and I went gaga over them. You have to be prepared for the heat, though. It can get hot and humid in there, since it's a dry market with no air-conditioning.


We also went to Siam Paragon and had a blast shopping for books at Kinokuniya. Bookworms will love this place. 


And right across the road from Paragon was an ongoing sale of high-end brands. We only checked it out. The prices were still too steep even at 80% off!


But hands down, my most favorite shopping spot at BKK will always be Platinum. Imagine a huge mall only housing tops, dresses, skirts, you name it, they've got it at affordable prices! I remember only paying Php 200 for tops and dresses. I must have replenished my entire wardrobe when we were there. We went back twice and would have gone every day if it weren't for our scheduled tours.


Which explains why I exceeded my baggage limit on the way home. Totally worth it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment