Kids at Disneyland

It's both our second visit to Hong Kong and this time, we went to Disneyland!!! Jake wasn't so excited at first 'cause he hated rides, but guess who was all smiles the whole time?


We got matching tickets! :-)


He made a beeline for the caps once we got there. I think Disneyland has unleashed the kid in Jake!


See what I mean? :-) I wanted to buy one! He smelled like strawberries!


And then we were off to Toy Story land! We were lucky it wasn't too crowded when we visited Disney, we got to ride almost everything with no lines. 


Yes, this was our first ride. Talk about a baptism of fire! It's a 90 degree drop on both sides. I almost chickened out but gave in to peer pressure. We left Jake behind. Haha.


But fooled him into riding this one. He hates that queasy tummy feeling from high drops--and we made him go on a parachute ride. 


I overcame my fear of mascots and posed with Chip & Dale, while clutching Jake's arm.


We were curious about Grizzly Glutch, thinking it was a cruise ride for kids. We went in all smiles until things started to go horribly wrong and we realized it was a grown-up mini coaster ride. We didn't realize it was a fast The Mummy-ish ride and yelled all the way to the end. 



And then the princesses came out in Fantasy Land! I ran towards Cinderella but then we spied Snow White and lined up instead to meet her.


I froze when she talked to me in that floaty princess-y way. We all started to act and talk like princesses for a bit after that. Ha!

Plaid blouse from Topshop, Keds cherry sneakers, H&M bag
More rides after that, while we passed the time for the Flights of Fantasy parade. I beat Jake here! I didn't like Space Mountain, though. I almost threw up because of the dizzying lights.


We ate inside Sleeping Beauty's castle. I want one of these statues for my house :-(


And because Jake loved Ariel when he was a kid! Too bad she didn't come out for the meet and greet!


He also loved Dumbo.


This was our last stop before the parade. I was bored at first because all Stitch did was talk to the audience while he was on screen. But then he started to point at me and asked for my name, and then asked if I had a boyfriend. He made Jake get up and say "I love you Bea" in front of the crowd. I was blushing the whole time! Thank goodness we were inside a dark theater. He even named a planet after us called Jake and Bea's love planet before he accidentally blasted it into pieces. Funny creature.


A Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream! Yummeh.


I finally saw Belle. She's my favorite princess but didn't get to meet her up close.


Au revoir! We were in a hurry to leave after the parade to get to Mongkok for some serious shopping. I can't wait to go back and finally meet Belle!


Inside the Mickey Mouse train!


1 comment:

  1. great story, lovely photos! i can see you all had a wonderful time in HK Disneyland! I can't wait to go there with my family this coming March. Surely, my kids will enjoy everything too! :)

    ReplyDelete