Island dogs and puka shells

I tune in to the wind, the sea, and I begin to breathe easier.
-Nina Ramsey


Every time I find myself in Boracay, I always make it a point to visit my favorite place on the island: Puka Beach. I'd live there if I could.


The last time we were there for Labor Day weekend, Jake and I stole away from the group on our last morning and went off to Puka. We met this friendly dog who was just happily contented to roll her tongue out at me as I took her photos.


I love island dogs. Every dog I've met on a beach has always been friendly to me. Jake and I will always miss Friday--the sweet golden retriever who's always been a staple on White Beach.


Why do I love Puka? I love the blue water and crystal sand plus the forest behind you. I love the seclusion, especially in the early hours of the morning. There's nowhere else I'd rather be in Boracay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment