Bazinga

I normally have an aversion to nerds and geeks. However, I also have a weird tendency to become attached to fictional characters. I cannot count the number of characters I'm attached to, in books and on television. Let's see...there's Joey Tribbiani (FRIENDS), Jack McFarland (Will and Grace), Ryan Atwood (The OC), Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl), Jack Raeburn (Fabulous Things), Aaron Hotchner (Criminal Minds), Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson), Becky Bloomwood (Shopaholic), and too many characters I know I should not invest emotions in but can't help wish exist in real life. Yeah, I'm a loser.

And so, meet my latest imaginary real person: Sheldon Cooper, PhD. A genius and a geek with zero social skills. As I am a know-it-all (as my boyfriend likes to helpfully point out every now and then), I can totally relate to Sheldon Cooper. Brutally frank, always right, never minces words, he had me at "I told you so." And like my boyfriend, he loves those Stars series--Star Wars, Star Trek etc (do not count on me to differentiate) and all sorts of comic books and video games. There's just one hitch, though--I cannot, for the life of me, understand the scientific jargon that usually pepper his everyday speeches. Hmmmm, maybe I am a weirdo after all.








0 comments:

Post a Comment