Singapore-lah Day 3

MY FAVORITE SINGAPURA DAY! SHOPPING AND DINNERINKS DAY! Also, the day Jake and I finally met up. I was so kilig to the bones 'cause it was our first time together in another country. Yeah, I'm mababaw like that.

Anyway, back to the important issue on hand: shopping! We had a blast walking up and down Orchard road. My favorite malls so far are Ion Orchard for Rubi Shoes and Pull & Bear, Vivo City was too big for me although I loved their Cotton On branch, ditto with Bugis Junction (yes, I went to three branches of Cotton On), but my most favorite was the 313@Somerset mall. It was the first mall that caught my eye when we first arrived at Singapore mainly because of these three names right on its facade: Forever 21, Cotton On, and Zara. It was also a few steps away from Jake's hotel which housed a Topshop in the lobby. Pretty soon, 313@Somerset was our favorite hang-out spot. Or should I say Cotton On? I can't count the number of times I went back to the store. I had a hard time hiding all my purchases from my mom when I went back to MNL. I just love everything about it, it's like a mix of Zara/Topshop/F21 with affordable prices. Rawr. I can't wait to shop there again. Pull & Bear was a bit of disappointment since most of their clothes were Zara-ish (given that they're sister companies), and Uniqlo was okay if you're into basic casual clothes. I bought a few stuff there mostly for my mom. Since I had a "no shopping at shops found in Manila" rule, I didn't bother to check out F21, Zara, and Topshop except when I wanted to compare prices.

I loved shopping at Singapura, mostly 'cause I got a $10 tax refund for my purchases from Cotton On. LOL. And finally, pictures!

Rubi! <3 I just love this place.

 wearing Topshop strawberry tank top, F21 skirt, Kickers loafers, Longchamp Le Pliage, Promod layered necklace

One of my most anticipated stores!


How can you not fall in love with Orchard Road? Mall after mall after mall!



He found me running around taking clothes off the racks like a fool at Cotton On. He agreed to help me carry all my stuff like the good boyfriend and shopping buddy that he is. <3 Camwhored outside 313 after a tiring shopping spree inside Cotton On.





Meriendy was laksa and Milo dinosaur at a  nice hawker place right along Orchard. It was stupid to get something spicy with something sweet at the same time but it worked! Well, for me.


We then went to Clarke Quay for dinner and beers. Here's me and Jake posing in front of Bugis Village market. Smile, please.

 wearing F21 sheer top and American Eagle denim shorts

Teaching Jake how to get tickets at the MRT. It was his first time to commute there, his family had a tour bus all to themselves. Lucky boy, haha!


Colorful and vibrant Clarke Quay! So this is how Singapore's night life looks like.


Crossing the bridge to get to the other side where the bars are.




And since we're obvious turistas, we chose a place by the river instead of trying the clubs inside the strip. 3 buckets of beers for Jake, Maan, and Ryan and too many food for the whole gang at Hooters.





Night life at Singapore ends at around 2am, which is too early. We were the only ones left, along with other Pinoys, at Hooters. We had to go 'cause they were closing up and we were floored when we saw our bill:. No wonder no one ever gets drunk here, alcohol's too expensive!

Day 3's easily my favorite day during our whole trip! Shopping and dinnerinks never fail to make me happy. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment