Singapore-lah Day 4

Ah, yes. The "Indonesia" day. We were originally scheduled to head to Indonesia's Bintan island for our official beach day but we were too tired from all the walking around and sightseeing for the past three days and decided we'll just check out the beaches Sentosa has to offer. We spent the entire morning and afternoon checking out Marina Bay Sands, the Helix, and Chinatown.

I never thought I'd see a dog in Singapore! I kept looking around for dogs and cats on the streets--this chalks it up to a total of two dog sightings during my entire stay. I only saw one stray cat sitting primly under a bus stop on our way home from Sentosa.


At the Marina Bay shops, it had a nice little pool where you can ride a gondola in circles. It's nothing compared to The Venetian's gondola ride with the soprano singers in Macau, but hey.


We all got free tans courtesy of all the walking we had to do from Marina Bay to the place where you can hail a cab. It was nice walking through the helix bridge, though. Such a bummer that the Merlion statue's under construction when we were there.


I absolutely loved Singapore's version of Chinatown--all the buildings were painted in bright colors and this was the only part of Singapore where there's traffic jam and double parking everywhere. We had a nice lunch of garlic prawns, peppered spare ribs, and chicken at a local restaurant.


Shopped some more at Cotton on at Vivo City and had a nerdy fun time at the National Geographic Store.


And finally, the "beach"!!! I have no idea why decided to name it Palawan Beach as it has NOTHING to do with the beauty of our own Palawan. At best, the sand was creamy and fine and the pink lounge chairs were a hoot but murky, bubbly, dirty water and a narrow shore does not make up a beach, in my opinion. Although it was relaxing sitting there until 7pm with the sun still out, and we even managed to do a couple of jump shots.
 




On our way back, the others shopped some more at Vivo City while I went ahead (yes I'm so proud to commute by myself!!!) to meet Jake at Orchard Road for a  late night Ben & Jerry's date. It was just right beside his hotel. The waitress managed to mess up our order and gave me a brownie ala mode instead of my double cookie euphoria--it was just as yummy, though. Nothing beats my chocolate therapy and Jake's chocolate chip cookie dough combination. Perfect Singapore desserts date <3



0 comments:

Post a Comment