Romulo Cafe with the motherlies

It's a late post but I'm craving Romulo so here are a couple of scenes from Mother's Day 2011 lunch with my mom and my ever so lovely lola. I reserved a table for the four of us, including my bratty sister, at Romulo Cafe because my lola wanted to try it after hearing me rave on and on about the food every time Jake and I eat there on dates. Also, it should be on the record that it was my treat. Haha! I rarely foot the bill (yes yes, my mom has long since complained I'm a useless daughter) so this was a significant moment for me. Hey, it was Mother's Day after all.

It was raining that day and our driver managed to get lost trying to find Scout Dr. Lazcano, the residential corner which Romulo Cafe occupies. The place was still packed when we got there past 2pm, as per usual with Romulo.

On the table: tinapa rolls, Vigan longganisa wraps, Tito Greg's kare-kare, tamarind chicken, and flying tilapia. Romulo Cafe never fails to make me full and happy!


Scariest-looking food I've ever encountered but it was perfect! Crispy and tasty especially with the three sauces, this was my Lola Mely's favorite--the Flying Tilapia!



And because it was Mother's Day, they were giving out free sorbetes to all the moms!



With my lovely Lola!


Mom and I took a tour of the upstairs function rooms and I asked her to pose with the I am a Filipino mural, it's tradition when you eat at Romulo.


We finished late and here's my sister outside one of the dining areas. I've never seen Romulo without the usual crowds and I'm loving the minimalist design outside. Since it's a converted house, eating there gives off a homey ambiance vibe. I'll always keep coming back to this place, it really serves the yummiest Pinoy food in the Metro!


0 comments:

Post a Comment