Singapore-lah Day 5

To wrap up my Singapore vacation series, here are the pictures from our last full day at the lovely Singapura:

It was Easter Sunday so I went to mass with Maan, and because my mom would kill me. I had to take pictures inside the church as proof for my lovely mother. St. Joseph's was a short walk from our hotel. Their version of a Catholic mass was slightly more formal and a bit shorter compared to our drawn-out masses here in Manila where you can walk in or walk out at any point. They have ushers at every aisle so you can't just sit anywhere.


On our way back to the hotel, we passed by the National Public Library and because we were both book worms, Maan and I were sorely tempted to skip breakfast and read books all day. The place is a mecca for book lovers. Plus, the architecture was just awesome. It's Benilde's SDA meets RCBC Plaza. Our own National Public Library does not stand a chance.
 wearing Dorothy Perkins top, Zara skirt, Kickers loafers, Longchamp Le Pliage
And for brekky, we headed over to the hawker center in front of our hotel and I had my last authentic Hainanese and Milo dinosaur. I also ordered spring rolls that come in a fried shell, yummy! I'm getting all hungry reminiscing about chicken rice and Milo. 

There was also a snake charmer outside our place and a man with a flock of trained African lovebirds walking out and about the ground. I love where we stayed, Bugis area is a cultural melting pot.




After a quick stop at the awesome Iluma mall for shoe shopping, we headed straight for the Singapore Flyer. The view was amazing but you can barely feel the thing move.



 




After a final shopping stop at Cotton On (sob!), I met up with Jake at Orchard for the Golden Wedding Anniversary celebration of his grandparents. The whole clan went to Singapore to celebrate! It was such an awesome feeling meeting all his uncles, aunts, and cousins from Bacolod--they were such a happy, loving, and inspiring family.

Waiting for the others at his hotel lounge.


Dinner at No Signboard Seafood restaurant at the colorful and vibrant Clarke Quay!




 wearing Topshop tube top, Due cardigan, Forever 21 skirt, D&C ribbon flats, Le Pliage


Cereal crayfish FTW!


It was great seeing Manong Jake with his little cousins. He truly is a little kid at heart.


After dinner, we set off for Park Hotel at Clarke Quay for the surprise celebration. Thing is, Papa Quining spotted this tell-tale sign at the hotel lobby before we went up to the function room. :-)


Inspiring, touching messages and tributes kept us laughing and smiling all night. I felt so lucky to have been invited to celebrate with such a warm and loving family. This was really the perfect way to end my Singapore trip. I was wide awake with memories for our 6am flight the next morning. :-)



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment