Missing the island

It's raining non-stop for the past three days and at times like these, I can't help wish I'm on the beach with the sun beating down on my face. Which reminds me, I keep forgetting to blog about my most recent trip to Boracay with the family last month. It was a blast bonding with my cousins for four straight days. I'm also proud to announce that I survived a one-hour plane trip sitting between two kids who were constantly fighting. I'm like a pro with kids now, I can definitely work as baby-sitter.

It was raining when we got there so the kids had a grand old time swimming with the waves and playing in the sand. We stayed at Station 1 so they all got to enjoy the wide shoreline right in front of our hotel.


We walked all the way to 'D Mall for dinner and I must say, Lemon iCafe's Mango Madness is worth the fifteen-minute walk!

And because we were a bunch of kids, we spent the whole second day trying out water sports at Bolabog beach. It was my first and LAST time to try the banana boat and the helmet diving. I'm a scaredy cat and it was pretty traumatic trying to hold on for dear life while a crazed boatman zigzags and drags you around on a flimsy banana-looking inflatable boat. Also, no one told me that helmet-diving requires a huge amount of guts and insanity. It's not made for idiots, I tell you. One wrong move and you can drown underwater. I was too scared holding on to my helmet to appreciate the awesome sight underwater. I managed to pull off a couple of poses for the cameraman, though. Grace under pressure my ass.



Since Two Seasons provides a free shuttle service for guests, we took every chance to explore the other stations. My balikbayan relatives loved D Talipapa. We spent a couple of times there buying fresh seafood and you can ask one of the restaurants to cook it however you like. Look at that lobster. Rawr. And of course, no Boracay trip would be complete without Jonah's, the kids enjoyed it. It was pretty funny walking on the beach at night with two kids running in the dark just to get to Jonah's.




We went island hopping on our third day. I took off my life vest a couple of minutes into the water coz I love to dive when I'm snorkeling. This shot was taken before that and before my cousin decided to ride me piggyback style while I had no life vest on. Hello, second life. Haha!

And of course, it's not a Boracay trip if I don't get to go to Puka beach. There's something magical about that place for me. I'm too in love with the shells and the blue water. The sun shone merrily that day and I was way too tanned at the end of the day but who cares? 



We spent the rest of the day lounging outside the hotel or by the pool hoping to catch a glimpse of the sunset. Instead, we walked all the way to the grotto to get our Jonah's and Loco Frio fix.






<3 My little partner in fashion and crime

Woke up the kiddos with a heavy heart on our last day :(


I loooove Two Seasons' beach front cabanas. What I would give to lounge by the beach again. 


We went for a quick stop at Station 2 so I can order calamansi muffins as pasalubong at Real Coffee. Check out the sights, that fierce Chihuaha's too cute and we all bought matching Hawaiian flower barrettes <3



 

The sun was too tempting so we spent the whole afternoon out on the beach while waiting for our call time to Kalibo It was a tough choice between a massage or a mango shake and we ended up sitting there and sneaked in some last-minute tanning.






I miss the island already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment