The Whimsy at Cafe 1771

The boyfriend had a brilliant plan over the week, he was craving Cafe 1771's organic chicken and proposed to eat dinner there last Friday. I'm not a fool so I said yes and made dinner reservations right away. Cafe 1771 has three areas, the Winebar, the Lounge, and the Whimsy. We already ate at the Winebar and the Lounge so I was thrilled when they told me that the secluded, cozy area of the Whimsy was available. Typically, the Whimsy's the busiest area of Cafe 1771 but I've been eyeing the quiet corner by the huge French windows beside the stairs leading up to the Winebar for a while now. It's the perfect spot for a romantic dinner.

Anyway, just to compare, here's the Winebar. It's the perfect place for a quiet dinner with a hushed and secluded ambiance. 


This was taken last year. Ever since I saw that perfect spot at the landing I just knew we had to eat there.


And here's The Lounge, with its pretty bookshelves and giant couches. 




My favorite area's still The Lounge. But the little girl in me will always love The Whimsy with its blue and fuchsia interiors and wild whimisical patterns. I especially love the studded giant chairs. Since we were in a pretty secluded corner, Jake and I had a blast (well, I did) taking pictures and pretending to fall asleep in the giant chairs.

Our secluded corner:


So comfy you can sleep:



Pretty, pretty, pretty.


I am totally having French windows for my future house.



And studded giant chairs.


I won't elaborate on the food since as always, it was perfect and totally worth every penny. We ordered the organic chicken, vegetable lasagna, squash soup, and caramel Vahlrona chocolate mousse. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment