(More) confessions of a shopaholic

Can I just say that I am so happy about the fact that I'm halfway through replenishing my wardrobe for the second half of 2011? Yes, I'm bringing out the shallow, shopaholic girl in me. This month's end-of-season sales for Topshop and Zara have made me a very happy, albeit poor, gal. After my Singapore shop-til-you-drop fiasco, I restrained from shopping for three months (save for some uncontrollable necessary purchases to last me for the fasting period). So yes, I'm back with vengeance! And yes, I just witnessed my boyfriend throw a bitch-fit at Topshop last weekend after I made him wait for an hour!

Although, I just realized I'm more inclined to buy more practical pieces now. Gone are my strawberry prints and crazy florals, I have been buying simple pieces with understated elegance (weh?) or should I say, a more neutral and relaxed look. I'm into mixing and matching offbeat pieces now, wearing separates you wouldn't normally think of combining but actually works. 



I've always said that Zara will always be my first love but I do hate the fact that most of their items on sale are loose, thin white shirts with prints. Last year's SS collection was so much better. Surprisingly, I found more neutral pieces at Topshop (a big boo for their P599 rack though, those items went through THREE sale seasons already, new lines please!) but I'm more in love with their non-sale items--all baby scalloped collars and sailor themes. Too yummy and tempting.

And to quote Alanis: I'm broke but I'm happy.

Until the next weekend, Topshop and Zara!

0 comments:

Post a Comment