Post-Potter Depression


For a girl who has read all seven books a million times over and knows all the characters like they exist in real life, the last installment of the Harry Potter movies was pretty hard to take. I was already holding back tears a couple of minutes into the movie. If it weren't for Jake who kept whispering "crybaby", I would have been a tearful mess by the time the last scene ended. Yes, my pridenosity successfully saved me from myself. I may be a drama queen but I still refuse to let my boyfriend see me cry over a movie. He will only tease me for the rest of our lives.

My heart already broke when I read the last page of Deathly Hallows and I never thought it would be this hard too to let go of the movie adaptation. It's like breaking up, getting back together, and then breaking up again.

Now, like all the losers out there, what am I to do with my life without a Harry Potter book or movie to look forward to? I'm already anticipating the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games. Maybe that will tide me over for the next three years or so.

Photo from Etsy

0 comments:

Post a Comment