The boy's pre-birthday lunch at Mad Mark's

For the boy's pre-birthday lunch treat, we hit up Mad Mark's for the second time to satisfy our monster sandwich cravings. 


True story. I also heard (while eavesdropping on the waitress' conversation with an inquiring customer) that management is planning to open a second store either at Fort or Katipunan. I am thrilled! I hope they open somewhere along Serendra because it's finally time this place gets the mainstream recognition it deserves. 


Guess who? :-) So happy I didn't get him kicks for this year's birthday gift.



We opted not to get the THE Man Sandwich this time so we can try other options. I had the Mariner Sandwich while Jake ordered the Lumberjack. Mine was a perfectly fried fish fillet oozing with the house Mariner sauce. It was filling but nothing crazy like the Man Sandwich. 


Jake's Lumberjack was the tamer brother of the Man Sandwich. It's basically the same Angus beef and mushroom au jaus with mozzarella but minus the grilled chicken and huge size. But even at a smaller version, both sandwiches are enough to keep your tummy happy until merienda time. We also ordered a side of fries and zinger wings to make it all perfect. Nom!

But enough of the sandwiches, I came here for the ice cream! On a sad note, I've been looking forward to try the Javan Hot Chocolate only to have my hopes crushed yet again. The damn tub sold out just before we arrived. Boo. 


The birthday boy didn't get to order his half-baked Madagascar cookie dough ice cream so he settled for the Madagascar Crumble--vanilla bean ice cream topped with Oreos and chocolate chips. It was yummy!


I ordered two flavors for only Php 96. I didn't expect it to be THAT huge. I barely managed to finish my Cavendish Chip and Madagascar Vanilla Chip scoops. It tasted like bananas mixed with vanilla cookie dough ice cream. Jake didn't like it 'cause he hates banana-flavored ice cream. I loved it. Or maybe it's because I am a dessert monster.


Cheers to the birthday boy! Can't wait to blog about our night with the boys at Reserve and Draft with his family! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment