Maginhawa Strip Series: Gayuma ni Maria

I think it's finally time I write about Gayuma ni Maria. After one too many visits, I have finally come to accept the fact that I love going here for desserts and to get a kick out of their naughty toys display. 


I first saw Gayuma way back when we would pass by their second restaurant along Gilmore. (The first one at Katipunan's already closed). When the Gilmore branch operations came to a halt, I was thrilled to hear they re-opened along Maginhawa so I can finally try it. It's actually right along V. Luna and quite a bit far from the Maginhawa strip with all the restaurants. Jake and I go here for the cakes, they make the yummiest chocolate concoctions at affordable prices.

Our favorites are the Broken Promises--a chocolate crinkle cake, and Beats Sex Any Day--a rich chocolate cake topped with butterscotch, cream, and even more chocolate. At around Php 70 each, these huge slices are definitely worth the trip.


I first went there with the girls to try the main dishes. I have to hand it to the owners, they have the kinkiest and most creative food names on the menu. You can order dishes named My Major Major Love Affair, Once You Go Black You Never Go Back, Fishy Poque-Poque, No Boyfriend Since Birth, Afternoon Delight, and many more funny names. 


I ordered the Lumpiang Barako, chili cheese pepper logs that were perfectly cooked with oozing cheese and spicy goodness. I have always been a fan of chili cheese sticks ever since I tried them at Chicken Charlie.


Since my friends and I went there on a Wednesday, I ordered the 69-ers secret menu. Every Wednesday, the chef prepares a surprise dish that you can order for only Php 69. Just tell the waiter: "I want a 69 please!" That night's secret dish was a coconut seafood noodle dish with puso ng saging. 

To be honest, I'm not that fond of their main courses maybe because I feel the dishes are too oily and nakaka-umay. My mom and sister also share the same sentiment. However, the boyfriend and I love going here for the cakes. They have different offerings depending on what they baked for the day or if they're trying out new creations. My personal favorites:


Beats Sex Any Day. A chocolate cake concoction topped with butterscotch and whipped cream while swimming in fudge.


I forgot what this is called but it was yummy. A chocolate mousse best served chilled.


Jake also loves the Pa-cute mango cheesecake which we were able to try on the first time they offered it on the menu. I don't have a close up photo of Broken Promises, their original chocolate crinkle cake topped with fudge. It was the yummiest crinkle I've had in a long time. I'm also crazy over their I Love My Banana cream pie which is practically a yummy mush of bananas, chocolate cake, and chocolate sauce.

My mom is also gaga over the Twisted Pavlova--a soft meringue loaded with fruits. I'm not a fan of meringue and prefer their chocolatey goodness creations. Also, the place is worth a visit for the naughty nook and other weird and kinky stuff on display:









Perfect for bachelor parties and bridal showers! Can't wait to dine here again and get my chocolate fix!

0 comments:

Post a Comment