More on the Walled City

I just love the old-fashioned signs peppering the buildings of Intramuros and how the establishments have preserved the Spanish-era vibe of the place. Everywhere you go, you can see colorful signs and elegant structures but to my dismay I didn't get to see a guardia civil manning the arches of the walled city.



I have been inside Barabara's before when my mom and I were scouting a place for my graduation dinner. We were torn between here and Ilustrado. I've been meaning to eat here sometime and try their lunch buffet. I can barely remember my first and only Barbara's experience at the Orchidarium branch when I was a kid. 


And yes, I've already forgotten what Fort Santiago looks like inside. We didn't have the time to explore the compound and see Jose Rizal's cell but maybe we can drop by again to properly appreciate the place.


This grand, majestic building right outside Fort Santiago was a nice surprise. It reminds me of photos I have seen of Paris and Rome. There's something breathtaking about the courtyard and the warm colors.


We also had a blast looking at the horses outside Fort Santiago. Jake was too scared to take a picture of one up close :-)


And no trip to Manila is complete without visiting Rizal Park! This was my first time to set foot there despite passing by the place everyday on my way to school and work. No, I wasn't even embarrassed to have my picture taken while squealing like a kid--there's no better way to have the authentic turista experience.


0 comments:

Post a Comment