Take me back to Causeway Bay

There's a place that I would always love to visit, no matter how many times I've been there already. The first time I stepped onto a busy Times Square plaza two years ago, I knew I would keep coming back. It gives me butterflies in my tummy every time I'm there. Just the sight of trams, shops, and the feeling of being a part of the Causeway Bay action makes me wonder why I never thought about staying here forever. This is the main reason why we chose to stay in Causeway Bay right in front of Times Square--we wanted to wake up and come home to our happy place.


These waffle egg balls were so yummy! There's a stall selling these munchies right below our place. They make for a great midnight or pre-lunch time snack.


I really can't get enough of Causeway! During the course of our six-day stay, we explored it and went to the major shops to fully soak in the atmosphere.

Denim jacket and studded top from Topshop, shorts from Zara, Accessorize necklace
On our fourth day, we split up with Jake who went to check out his own brands, so the girls and I went shopping by ourselves. We had a blast at Sogo department store and bought lipsticks, make-up, and bags. I can't believe how cheap they sell Clinique and Nine West here compared to Manila! The girls also took the chance to stock up on YSL and Givenchy lipsticks since we can't find the brands in old Manille.


Me and my obsession with trams. I'm an old-fashioned gal.


We explored the side streets of Causeway and had a grand old time going in and out of the shops. Hong Kong shopping is crazy! I long to find a street here in Manila where you can find back to back shops in every street. The malls were also the best--Times Square, Sogo, and Hysan Place kept us occupied pretty much the whole time.

Knitted frayed cover up from Dorothy Perkins, scalloped top and daisy dukes from Topshop, Aldo necklace
A couple of steps away from our place are the specialty shops. Here's one of BAPE, another Joaquin-favored brand.


And we dropped by Cath Kidston! I was so excited to go here, since we also had to buy stuff for our officemate. It's like a girly land exploded inside.



Here's Jake after our morning shopping. The perks of staying in Causeway while shopping? We get to drop off our bags before we proceed to our next destination! 


I almost forgot to shop at Bershka which was just inside Times Square. Good thing I came across it while on my way to Denim and Supply to meet up with Jake on our last night. I swear it's such a happy place! I got a quilted bag for only $159, what a steal! Trousers were at $199 each!


Happy boy getting his chambray shirt! He's gotten quite attached to Ralph Lauren during our whole trip.


Jake really loved the area, 'cause he got to buy beers at the K shop a couple of steps away from our place right in front of Times Square. Even when it's late at night, the whole place is bustling. I love this place!


Happy times! We're definitely staying at Causeway again next year! I can't wait to walk around this place for days!


0 comments:

Post a Comment