Tsim Sha Tsui love affair

We loved Tsim Sha Tsui so much that we went there twice--during our first and fifth days to properly explore the area. Mong Kok was a bit overrated so we didn't spend that much time shopping there except when Jake explored Sneaker Street and we had a blast at H&M over at Langham Place. (Okay, Jake and I came back so he can get his limited edition kicks). But most of the time, we went over to TST to shop and dine when we were in the Kowloon side.

I had no idea what BEA stood for but I'm assuming it's a bank. I posed with every sign I saw. It's pretty cool to have a bank named after you. Haha.


Our favorite parts of TST were Nathan Road, Granville Road, Chatham, and Mody Road. These roads housed the unique shops and eateries. Tsim Sha Tsui is more urban compared to Causeway. Here, it's purely all about the fashion and style experience. We fell in love with Granville Road where most college students shop and where fashion students at the nearby art institute sell their designs. It was pretty amazing to walk up and down the roads and walk in and out of the shops.


There's a shop called Chocoolate! Cute!


I lost Jake for a bit while I was engrossed looking for clothes. I found him here, on the second floor of a shop called Loading. It's his kind of place--all cool graphic tees, caps, and accessories.



We also went to Knutsford Terraces where we had a break at Ben & Jerry's! Jake and I unintentionally shared two scoops of Chocolate Therapy and Cookie Dough, only to find out there's a pint called half baked which combines the exact flavors! I'm really hoping this combination is available at S&R!


Up the stairs going to Knutsford Terraces. It's a whole strip of restaurants and bars with a chic, urban vibe. I can just picture ourselves sitting there, people-watching while sipping on beers and cocktails. Ah, I love this place.



On our fifth day, we ended up at iSquare which was right at the MTR exit. These three had a blast looking for CDs at hmv. I, on the other hand, bought One Direction souvenirs for my cousin. (Ick, I know)



Here's us walking towards Chatham Road from Nathan! It's never boring 'cause there are a lot of shops to look at. However, you have to go here after lunch since all the shops open late.

 
I looked up and spied a building with a roof made of crystal drops! It was dazzling under the sun! Fancy shmancy.

 
We popped inside a 7/11 for drinks and found that they still have Coke Slurpee! I really do wish the 7/11 in Manila still offers this, it's my favorite drink! I hate their strawberry and blue flavors. I only want Coke!


Some interesting shops and bars we passed along the way to Stussy. TST is a haven for cool brands!


Hair of the Dog bar!





Haha.


We spent an hour or so inside Cotton On, which is still cheaper in HK compared to the newly opened branch here in Manila. I was able to get a peplum top for my sister at $49 (Php 270)! The TST branch at Granville was also four floors huge so there was a wide selection of styles. The nearest H&M was a couple of blocks away so we were happy to stay here.

wearing H&M collared top, F21 skirt, cherry keds
TST is the place to be if you want up and coming/hipster-ish brands. You can also get your trusted brands there if you want the mainstream fix. Argh. I can't wait to blog about our Tsim Sha Tsui foodie finds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment