When in Boracay, eat local: Zuzuni's Mati Chocolate Sin

I've passed by Zuzuni so many times whenever I'm in Boracay but never bothered to check the place out. Located in Station 2 near Havaianas, this place has always caught my eye mostly because of the all white facade and bright interiors plus the promise of authentic Greek food.


Jake and I finally checked the place out last May to try their desserts. I always associate Greek desserts with flour-less chocolate cakes and Zuzuni's Mati Chocolate Sin was no exception. Lo and behold: 


They bake the cake upon ordering and you get this warm, straight from the oven, rich Valrhona cake served with Vanilla ice cream. Valrhona chocolate is my favorite kind on a cake and I loved the richness of this dish. Priced at P250 for a personal-sized cake, I felt it could have been a bit bigger for sharing. Offhand, it was a bit gooey on the inside and I had hoped for a smoother feel but this is a must-try for any chocolate lover on the island.

Since it was mid-afternoon on a hot, summer day, I was itching for a cold latte. They recommended their namesake cappuccino, the Zuzuni Freddo Cappuccino (at only Php 90!) which was a Mediterranean specialty. Basically, it's sweetened, chilled espresso topped with frothy milk. I loved the rich dark golden brown color and it was strong enough to keep me going for the rest of the day (and night). 


Desserts and coffee by the beach always make me a happy girl! Also, just found out that the restaurant is part of the Zuzuni Boutique hotel, which can be pretty cool if they also have Greek-inspired rooms ala Manos Greek Taverna Hotel in Tagaytay. Check out their website below!


Zuzuni
Station 1, Boracay
+63 36 288 4477

0 comments:

Post a Comment