Why am I studying again, again?

The combined pressure of work and graduate studies has finally taken its toll on me. That "oh I'm finally growing up" feeling of pride at being a graduate student who can actually (gasp!) get a master's degree at a young age has long since left me. I'm lucky if I sometimes wake up with a fleeting determination to actually cross out an impressive number of tasks on my perpetually growing to-do list, but I usually come crashing down hard after I lose my caffeine kick right before lunch. Now, I yearn for days when I can just focus on one thing without juggling requirements that seem to get more demanding as each week progresses. I miss my carefree days as a working girl solely focused on impressing my boss and maintaining my rigid work-life balanced lifestyle. These days, I'm lucky if I get to spend my free time reading a book or chilling out. Studying post-graduate is a thankless job, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the pain and effort.

Lucky for me, Jake happened to drop by La Salle for a quick visit earlier on his way home from Makati. It was my last happy feeling before graduate-school reality came around to remind me that, no, it's a Friday and I stupidly signed up for Friday night classes thinking I can pull it off and give up my social life.

Screw this. It's only midterms week and I'm barely surviving the pressure. Thank God for boyfriends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment