Puka Beach sunset funset!

Island hopping in Boracay is never a sure deal. The boat pimps, as I like to call them, always say yes to your requests of all the islands you'd like to see. Me, I was pretty reasonable when I asked for only Baling Hai, Puka Beach, and a bit of snorkeling at Crocodile Island. The other islands are overrated and frankly, I'd rather hire a boat to spend the whole day at Puka Beach if given the chance.

I was not disappointed when our actual boatman started whining about how far Baling Hai is and how the waves are too yada yada yada. I was pretty pissed by the time he dropped us off in the middle of nowhere to snorkel and only passed by Crocodile Island in an attempt to show us how it's shaped like a crocodile, despite our protests that we should be snorkeling there 'cause that's where the good corals are. No, he set off determinedly to Puka Beach with a reminder that we only had an hour to frolic about. Ass.


Good thing we were all about enjoying the company and making the most out of the snorkeling and boating. Have you tried laughing underwater with a snorkel mask on? Don't, but it's funny. 

In between waving at the other boats and pretending they're terrorists, the boys were a good distraction from my annoyance at the boatman (and at not seeing my hot bartender at Baling Hai). Good times.


When we set foot on Puka Beach, we decided to ditch our boat and just hire tricycles back to Station 1. Best move ever! We stayed there until sunset and had the beach almost to ourselves.


I always keep coming back here, if for no other reason than to see the clear blue water and the puka sand. It's always quiet in Puka and the forest by the beach gives off a feeling of being stranded on a secret island.



JO wanted to see Pacquiao's mansion and left with the boat on the way back. It was a funny sight waving at him as he sailed off into the sunset.


And the rest of the boys started splashing and playing around, looking for huge shells to throw at the water and at each other. Call me taong bundok, but it was my first time to see someone successfully skip stones across the water. After that bit, they resorted to a stone throwing contest.




It's still a funny thought whenever I remember the jump shots and the gay silhouette poses.




And THAT is how you watch the sunset (funset).

1 comment:

  1. White Beach is also good, but I consider Puka Beach as the best beach in Boracay island, because this so perfect for those people like me who wants a peaceful and calm setting.

    ReplyDelete