This is our New York date

My Jakey is a New Yorker-in-training. We didn't realize our date was NY-inspired til dessert at Borough when Jake, with a touch of sweetness, said "it's our New York date!" He was obviously missing New York and we were talking about how we both wanted to live or work there. I really think it's his city, he has that thug swagger and the sarcasm of a New Yorker. He even got the porma down pat when he went there this year:


Too lazy to head to Makati for Wingman and to get my heart-shaped sunnies at Sundae Shop, we stayed in the area and had lunch at Buffalo's Wings and Things at Home Depot. 1 pound of NY-style wings, mini buffalo cheeseburgers and fries were too yummy and had us craving for more. We were very tempted to order another batch of wings after we finished our orders but we wanted to save room for dessert and we didn't want to appear matakaw, hee. Call me stupid, but I just found out they call it buffalo wings because it originated from Buffalo, New York. I (and Jake) thought it had something to do with Texas or something. Yes, we're idiots.

On our way, distracting him while driving:
Me: Humming, I'm feelin' so fly like a G6...What's a G6?
Jake: You don't know what a G6 is and feel na feel mo yung song?


Jake instructing me to eat with my hands, Buffalo style.

Nomnomnom! Thanks for lunch, Jakey!

I'm trying to capture his smoke circles on camera. Fail.

I love how quiet and peaceful it is on a Sunday afternoon at Ortigas Home Depot. Jake and I had the place to ourselves and I even managed to sneak in a shot for my Chictopia. We argued for a bit on where to eat dessert because we were too lazy to head to High Street for my cupcakes. We were hoping to get cheesecakes at Cafe 1771 but booo they were closed on Sunday afternoons. (I wanted to sit at The Whimsy!!!) We finally decided on Borough at The Podium 'cause Jake's been meaning to eat there as he wants to eat NY comfort food--their specialty.
wearing vintage denim shorts, Babo sheer polka top, Kickers moccasins, Espritt bag, Accessorize necklace

YB for Jake. Say hello to Lebron 8 and I love his get-up! He should have a lookbook, too.

Apparently, Borough's another concept restaurant of the owners of Ponticello. The place is dim and swanky, with a friendly staff and a great menu. We're definitely coming back to try their NY comfort food. For desserts, we both ordered the oven-baked Brooklyn cheesecake. I wanted to try the Molten Chocolate Souffle but it wasn't available and I couldn't get the cookies with cold milk because I'm on a date for chrissakes, not a slumber party, so we both had the same order. Haha. Very very nomnomnom with the pecans and caramel sauce. I'm already craving for another slice. Ladeeda. Gotta love Sundates.

Hmmm, what to order what to order

Back from his YB.

Oven-baked Brooklyn cheesecake FTW!

No, this isn't a monthsary date. My boyfriend's apparently too "mature" to celebrate monthsaries nowadays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment