Bohemian island dreamers

Bohemians--wanderers, adventurers, vagabonds, free thinkers.

When I grow up, I want to live near the sea
Crab claws and bottles of rum.
That's what I'll have staring at the seashell,
Waiting for it to embrace me.

-When I Grow Up, Fever Ray






Endless supply of fruits shakes on warm sunny days. Maybe splash around on the shore with the powdery white sand between my toes. Staring at the sun through my heart-shaped sunnies. Cocktails to go. Swim on the beach. Walk around town in a bikini. Hold hands with your island boy like a true island girl.







 


Piggyback rides, pretend you're a lifeguard. Have sandball fights, draw a sand flower then stomp on it. Gaze at the sea every now and then. Wait for your sunset to amaze you.



Bikini from Jellybean



Run and play under the rain, splash along the shore, swim with little fishes on the shallow end. Have sand-wrestling fights then kiss your troubles away. Shake the sand out of your hair. Or just lie there on the shore like there's no tomorrow.

Bikini from Billabong



"What's it like, living on an island?"

I cannot count the number of times I have gazed wonderingly at the pure white powdery sands of Boracay. Every time I remember the place, I would always tell myself (and anyone who would listen) that I would live there, even for a year, when I grow up. There's something about living by the sea, waking up to the sound of waves, smelling like the ocean, seeing people live so freely without a care in the world that lures me back to this place. They say it's overrated but nothing can ever truly match that feeling of being on the island. Knowing that you can walk in your bikinis or just sit at a bar and feel so happy.

My mom told me I could go and live there if I had the money. Even the town is charming by itself. Winding roads with the smell of flowers as you whiz past on a motorcycle. Simple houses, steps away from the beach. Maybe if I save enough money to last me for a year I'll take the plunge and leave this city. I can take odd jobs freelancing for the resorts, or just live a bohemian life. Never staying anywhere for so long.

The boyfriend only laughed when I told him about my grandiose plan. "You can't even tie your own bikini, open a bottle of water, or rip open a sachet of creamer, and you plan to live alone?" Errrr, good point. Heck, I can't even eat by myself. Maybe I can wing it, though. Take a stab at independence and live by my lonesome on a little place behind the beach. I'm ready to say adios to my weekly shopping outings and dinner dates because I plan to live like a local. I'll make friends with the other city-dwellers who have called Boracay their home and then I'll be the happiest girl on earth. There's always the Mango Outlet store anyway and online shopping.

Sigh. When will I ever become an island girl?

0 comments:

Post a Comment