Desperate times call for ukay-ukay

I cannot find my beach bags since yesterday. I think my lola either donated them to charity or I'm more disorganized than I thought. So this afternoon, I was already planning to head to Megamall since I had my sights set on a beach bag I saw there last week. However, I got off late from work and our driver was unable to pick me up so my last-minute shopping plan went down the drain. I consoled myself while on my way home that I can probably squeeze in a bit of shopping before our flight tomorrow. But then, lo and behold, an ukay-ukay store caught my eye with a huge selection of bags (okay, a suede fringe bag caught my eye), and never one to pass up a good bargain, I went inside and went totally "oh". Rows and rows of bags! I went into my crazy shopaholic mode and scoured the racks for a good find. And let me tell you, I went nuts with all the awesome bags they had there! I'm not an avid ukay-ukay fan but it would go against my shopingera code of ethics to pass up awesome finds, even if it's thrifted. Besides, as a Chictopia girl I decided I should start embracing thrifted, vintage finds. And boy, I'm about to start looking for trusted ukay-ukay stores.

This vintage Cath Kidston floral beach bag immediately caught my eye. Since I have pledged to re-embrace the floral trend this season, I went gaga over my find. It reminds me of that Lifestyle Network show I used to watch, Shabby Chic. It's dainty and girly with waterproof material and awesome details. The label says it's made in London so I guess I scored big time. It's only Php 250 (250!!!!!) and still smelled like a balikbayan box so I'm just going to clean it for tomorrow.



And then, I almost jumped up and down with a woot, I found this sailor-themed waterproof bag!!! I'm a lover of anchors on anything (clothes, necklaces, bags) and it's perfect for my beach trip! The brand's Portland, so I'm assuming this is from the States, and is still in perfect condition. I am totally in love with it! You would never guess that it came from an ukay-ukay. Love the navy leather handles and the thick material, plus it's huge enough to hold all my beach things. 

I hightailed it to the counter right then and there. The girl even let me haggle (which I really suck at) and gave me both for only Php 500. Imagine that! So el cheapo! Two bags in mint condition for five hundred? I was never a bag lady, I'm a fool for clothes horse so this bag shopping thing is a newfound experience for me. 



That reminds me, I still have to pack for our Bora trip. Jake will kill me. I already took out the suitcase and he's going to flip out like our Bora trip last year. My boyfriend prides himself on being able to travel back-packer style and hates it whenever I would ask him to carry my heavy things. He thinks he's American or European or something. Hmp, carry my bags for me, will you?




0 comments:

Post a Comment