When in Boracay, Eat Local: Lunch Date at Aria

The Jakester and I were craving pizzas from Day One and tried our best to resist grabbing some pepperoni-mushroom pizza at Yellow Cab. I was so happy when he decided--because I kept checking the place out to drop some *hint hints*--that we should have an Italian lunch date at Aria Cucina Italiana, arguably the best authentic Italian restaurant on the island (and in the country, according to some food bloggers). I was already so hungry from swimming and playing on the beach, so yes, I was way excited for our late lunch.

I remember being overly excited that day 'cause we were heading to Puka Beach right after desserts. I was also very kilig 'cause Jake took me on an unexpected date. It was our third day on the island and we weren't planning to eat somewhere nice after our swim so yeah yeah, ako na kilig.


Ambiance-wise, the interiors of Aria has that classical warm Mediterranean vibe going on. It really is perfect for a romantic lunch date. I, however, felt that its owners could have chosen a more secluded location. It's located in a busy corner entrance of D'Mall so you have no choice but to see people coming and going as you eat. I like to people-watch sometimes, though, so I really can't complain. 

We sat outside and had an amazing view of the beach while waiting for our orders. Nothing like a perfect view of the white sand and sparkling blue water to put a smile on my face. Oh yeah, my date helped, too. Hehe.



I let Jake order for us. He decided on pasta and pizza since I have to remember I'm still on a beach vacation and can't afford to binge (and I was already developing a bulging unbikini-ish tummy). The carbonara lover ordered his usual and we agreed on the Salsiccia pizza. Beaches and pizzas are the perfect match, don't you think?


We talked and people-watched while waiting for our food. Me mostly staring at Cafe Del Sol and craving for a cake, and thinking about Lemon iCafe 'cause I also want their cakes. I guess I was just really hungry, we played on the shallow part of the beach the whole morning. 

Our food arrived and before I could take pictures, Jake already grabbed a slice for himself. Rawr. Our Italian sausage pizza was perfectly thin and crisp and had a generous smattering of sausages. Nothing beats wood fire ovenbaked pizzas, and we do know our pizzas. 



Our pasta was also more than enough for two people. It's cooked al dente and was probably the only bacon carbonara version I liked, weeell except for Raps in front of La Salle--their garlic chicken carbonara is my cheap guilty pleasure.


Overall, I think Aria deserves all the hype it's been getting through the years. I can't say it's the best Italian restaurant out there, but in Boracay, it is. This is where you would want to have a romantic lunch or dinner date with yummy authentic Italian food. The price is just right, too. Not insanely expensive as you would expect since their dishes are good for sharing anyway. You can order a pizza and pasta and you're good to go. If you're in the mood for a huge meal, then throw in an appetizer or a main course to go with your pizza.

Can't wait for another beach date here with the Jakester <3.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about Aria! Glad you love our woodfire oven-baked pizza :) We're now on Facebook and Twitter. Follow us because we have a surprise for Aria lovers, especially those in Manila ;)

    www.facebook.com/AriaBoracay
    www.twitter.com/AriaCucina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to visit your High Street branch! :)

      Delete