Pizzas, pastries, and pigging out...a week before bikini season

I've done nothing but eat my heart out these past two weeks. I should know better, I'm hitting the beach in a week and if I want to look like a babe in my bikini I should stop eating like a fool. I'm going on a crash diet tomorrow. For now, here are the culprits of my bulging tummy:


Finally tried Papa John's with Jake to satisfy our curiosity. The verdict? We would still go to Yellowcab for our pizza fix but we fell in love with Papa John's cheese bread and their heart-attack inducing butter sauce. So nom nom. Pizza was yummy but so so for the hype, ditto with their pasta which we thought was a bit overpriced. The serving was barely good enough for both of us. I have no idea where our hunt for the next yummiest pizza would take us but we're definitely not eating again at Papa John's by choice.






I've been spending too many cheat days with mom lately. These are the highlights of our days flitting around Maniluuh:


Ahhh, banana chocolate muffin with the crumbiest muffin top at Blenz Coffee. We were looking for a place to hang out while waiting for my sister wrap up her internship interview. We parked at a building along Salcedo street and decided to get cappuccinos and pastries here. I loved the breezy atmosphere of the place since it's tucked in a busy corner.


We also discovered Go Greek!--a Greek-inspired fast-food chain at Glorietta 4's food court. Jake and I are avid lovers of Cyma whenever we're in the mood for Greek food. Go Greek is the waaaaay cheaper version of Cyma. Even their Greek salad tastes just like Cyma's, ditto with the chicken kebabs. I called Jake right away to tell him about the good news, we finally have a place to get our Greek fix whenever we're too broke for Cyma.






My mother with the sweet tooth cannot stop raving about Kitchen's Best. We found it while looking for a Starbucks while my sister made us wait for her along Pasong Tamo extension. It's located in a bustling blind corner along Pasong Tamo, near the Yamaha building. The whole compound has a lot of interesting shops, they even have a spa and hotel for dogs! Anyhoots, Kitchen's Best has one of the yummiest banoffee pies I've tasted. The place has a romantic ambiance but I was a bit turned off when they asked me not to take photos since they don't allow it for diners. Huh. I managed to sneak in a few stolen shots, hee.




And finally, Deja Vu crepe at Cafe Breton. Mom has been nagging me to take her to La Creperie but since they don't have a branch at Trinoma, we decided to get crepes here instead. Nothing beats a fresh cup of brewed coffee with an oozing crepe. Sigh. I need to gather my wits and start working out like crazy. All this food talk is making me hungry again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment