Tsismis

Lately, my mom, sister, lola and I have gotten into the habit of watching TV5's nightly gossip show called Juicy. It's surprisingly not baduy and has lately become my source for LOL moments before calling it a night. I think it works because all the hosts are witty and funny. They have this chemistry and I don't sense a shred of self-promotion or some other propaganda (i.e. The Buzz and others) with their approach. They're not at all biased and just yaps on about this and that in a way that reminds me so much of Chelsea Lately. Don't get me wrong, Cristy Fermin's no Chelsea Handler but she's really good--ditto with the bitchy Alex Gonzaga, ever hilarious IC Mendoza and the occasional Shalala, and the unusually subdued Mo Twister. In my book, if you can upstage Mo Twister, then you must be pretty good.

My favorite part's the blind item where--after a couple of hints and nudging, they eventually reveal who it is before they collapse into riotous laughter. More often than not, the source of the blind item (usually Shalala) would fall off his seat as the ever tactless Mo or Cristy would guess it correctly and blurt out the name without any second thoughts. Hee.

Come to think of it, this might be the only Pinoy show that I genuinely like and love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment