When in Boracay, Eat Local: Brunch at Mañana


Right up there in our favorite food to eat list of burgers, Thai food, Japanese, and pizza, Mexican food ranks pretty high as one of our favorite food to eat whenever we're out on dates. For brunch on our last morning at Boracay, we decided to check out Mañana since we've been craving Mexican food while chilling on the beach. I was still nursing a hangover that morning so I look a little out of it in my pictures. I remember feeling weak and shaky the whole time but managed not to throw up all my yummy food. On a better day, I would have stolen bites out of Jake's food and gobbled up my quesadillas but I was feeling too queasy to satisfy my hunger.

We decided to order our usual: burritos and beer for Jake and quesadillas for me. I ordered mine with ham since I couldn't handle anything too meaty. It was nice to gaze out and look at the beach while waiting for our orders. The weather was perfect that day, not too hot but sunny enough to make everything look so sparkly.



I loved Mañana's interiors. Feisty and colorful all over. I recently found out you can wear their huge sombreros for photo ops. The bright colors were just what I needed to perk me up from my massive headache.

wearing Topshop cropped top, Zara sailor high-waist shorts

Jake's order arrived first. He took a bite and immediately proclaimed we might just have found a Mexican place better than Ristras--except for Ristras' wet burritos 'cause nothing can top that. Well that just sucks, do we have to fly to Boracay every time we're craving Mexican? It would be the best thing ever if they opened a branch in Manila. I don't like to eat burritos so I just stared at his food and nibbled on the tortilla chips side dish with some dip I can't remember. It was yummy.


My ham and cheese quesadilla finally arrived and despite my queasy state I couldn't help but dig in right away. I love melt-in-your mouth cheese quesadillas and when paired with Mañana's array of salsa, it was one of the best I've ever tasted. It was different from Ristras--which I also love to bits but Mañana's version was simpler yet had the perfect mix of flavor and consistency. Compared to Ristras' overwhelming giant of a quesadilla, it was a refreshing change. The mashed potato and tortilla chips with dip were also perfect when paired with the quesadilla. I felt better after finishing three slices, I left the last one for Jake because I'm nice like that. Kidding. I was too full already.


We left the place feeling like two happy fools. And because we're in Boracay, we went to Jonah's for our last mango-banana shakes to top off a perfect brunch.

Up next on our Mexican food cravings: B&T Mexican Kitchen right in front of Jake's street at Sekai Center, Greenhills and Hermanos Taco Shop along Gilmore. My boyfriend's so lucky to live within walking distance of these places not to mention Ristras, Charlie's, among others. I need to move out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment