Here's how Christmas Day 2011 went

I had a wonderful Christmas with family and Jake this year. Well, except for my drama scene during Christmas Eve when I threw a tantrum 'cause everyone went to sleep by 11pm without opening the gifts, everything went smoothly....the day after.

All drama and issues aside, I was happy to have spent it with the people I love the most. It was also the first time (I think) that Jake and I were together on Christmas day. We usually swapped gifts before or after Christmas. After 6 Christmases together, shiz never gets old.

So, tadah! Meet my Lola Mely. I managed to force her to take a picture with me before she opened my present. Mind you, she's a bitchier version of me so watch out. She also picked out her gift this year and made me buy black  Electra FitFlops for her "causal wear". Yes, my granny has taken to wearing sequined leg-toning flipflops while hanging out and about.


My dog Pepper was the absolute cutest this Christmas. Ever since we started piling on the gifts under the tree a few days before Christmas Eve, she took it upon herself to man the gifts and never left her post by the tree except when it was eating and sleeping time. Silly girl.


And here's my mom's beloved Christmas village. Every time we would pass by Gourdo's, she always ends up buying something for her collection. I love staring at it when it's all lit up and moving.


With mudra and sister.

wearing Bayo silk top, Topshop eyelet shorts, Promod shawl, Pietra FitFlop

Jake arrived just in time for lunch and photos. I am loving this Christmas 2011 photo with the boyfriend <3


Aren't these plates the cutest? Makes me wish we can eat off these festive plates everyday!


After lunch came our annual exchange of presents. We both agreed to tone it down this year (i.e. absolutely no kicks or extravagant shopping sprees) and just splurge on birthdays instead. It makes sense, really. Or not. I've been eyeing a nice pair of Nikes that would be perfect for Jake and he likes it, too. Miami Nights or whatever it's called--I just love the black and hot pink color scheme but hey, gotta stick to the budget (which I proposed by the way arrrr)!


I got him what he told me to buy this year: some Obey (or not? forgot the brand) tee at Greyone. And I've looked everywhere for his snapback baseball cap but can't find one that he would actually like. So now I have utang, yay! It's worth it, though. I've learned never to buy something on my own for Jake. Boy has a very specific style.


I felt so guilty after seeing his home-made card for me. I just wrote the usual MerryChristmasILoveYou line on my card and he made me laugh with this one! 9gag yay!


And he also made an extra effort to mess with my head this year. This was the first thing I saw when I opened my gift: a huge-ass Jordan box. I was already expecting my Floretta FitFlop and didn't think he'd push through with his "I'll get us matching Jordans" threat. Arrrrr. My FitFlop shoe box was so small it fit right inside this box with space to spare.


After that we ate more food and my mom's homemade carrot cake. Good times :-) Can't wait for 2012!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment