Mad Mark's Man Sandwich and Frozen D


Every once in a while, we chance upon a restaurant where the food is great and we just keep on coming back until it becomes our comfort food for dates. I think it's safe to say Jake and I found another place that can rival our love for Charlie's. World, meet Mad Mark's!!!


Jake's mom sent us a blog featuring Mad Mark's and initially I was only after the home-made ice cream. Chocolate on chocolate flavor seemed like heaven for a chocoholic like me. I had no idea I would fall for their sandwiches. 


We ordered the THE Man Sandwich. Yes, it's actually named that way on the menu. After seeing my sandwich, I totally understood the need to emphasize it as THE man sandwich. Jake and I ordered one and asked them to split it in half. Even half of the sandwich was more than enough for one person. It was THAT big and filling! This sandwich totally justifies its name.


Imagine: perfectly grilled Angus beef with chicken topped with mushroom au jus then melted with mozzarella. Perfect, right? I'm still dreaming about it! I'm no sandwich lover but this thing has converted me. 


We also ordered zing wings and fries which were perfect with the sandwich. I was kind of wishing they also gave us some blue cheese dip to make it even more perfect.

And alas! The much anticipated ice cream! They ran out of the Javan Hot Chocolate flavor and we had to settle for the half-baked Madagascar ice cream which we also loved because we're lovers of all things cookie dough. The waitress failed to inform us we can get two scoops for only Php 98 and we ended up just getting one to share 'cause I was already too full from the sandwich.



We're definitely going back there! I can't wait to try the other ice cream flavors and of course, their other sandwiches which look promising: the Lumberjack (pure Angus beef), the Mariner (fish fillet), and Chicken Meltdown. You can order these sandwiches in half sizes. For some reason, they don't offer the Man Sandwich in half portions. I have no idea how I'm supposed to finish that thing by myself.

I also love how this place is located along Kapitolyo so it doesn't feel too commercialized. We also first tried Charlie's at its original Kapitolyo branch and I must say, the people in the neighborhood are lucky to be within vicinity of such great food places! Lucky fools.

0 comments:

Post a Comment