Little Tokyo series: Oishinbo!

It's raining like crazy and I'm weirdly in the mood for sushis and bento boxes. I miss Little Tokyo dates on days when I'm craving authentic Japanese. Jake and I are overly fond of Kikufuji and Seryna when we're in the area, but since Lil Tokyo is notoriously closed during off-peak hours, we ended up trying a new place the last time we were there.


Oishinbo's in the inner patio and was one of the three places that were open at 2pm. Since they were offering bento boxes and we were really hungry, we decided to give it a try.



Overall, I loved the salad and the katsu. Considering how Oishinbo means "the gourmet" in Japanese, I think their food delivered and came at an affordable price. I would still prefer Seryna and Kikufuji but when it's late in the afternoon and all the choices are closed, you have to settle for the next best thing. 

The ambiance was low-key and unassuming, so don't expect a fine dining atmosphere. I can imagine the place jam-packed during peak hours which should lend that frantic Japanese vibe to it. Gotta love the old-school Japanese interior!


And of course, Urameshiya was still closed. Jake and I never seem to get the chance to visit the place, granted that it's only open from 6pm til around 2am. Maybe on our next Little Tokyo food trip we can finally have a yakiniku dinner date?

wearing Forever 21 tube dress, Topshop vest, Rubi flats

0 comments:

Post a Comment