Of unsmotable Girls and bohemian trustafarian wardrobes

I have this tendency to become obsessed with fictional characters on television series. First, there was Rachel Greene form FRIENDS, Karen Walker from Will and Grace, and Daenerys from Game of Thrones. These days, my sister and I have been watching the first season of Girls and although I am pretty sure I'm an uptight bitch like Marnie, I have been nursing a girl-crush on Jemima Kirke's bohemian trustafarian character, Jessa. She's too pretty not to have a crush on. 

I mean, her fashion sense has totally inspired me to dress like a bohemian hipster. Case in point, I am totally obsessing over her printed Zara palazzo pants!:


Of course, it's quite difficult to achieve considering my wardrobe is a cross between Marnie and Shoshanna's prim and proper girly styles; BUT, I am now un-regretting the numerous Topshop cutesy tops I bought since Jessa has found a cool way to pull them off: with jeans and rainbow barrettes!


No, I don't think I can pull off a kimono in broad daylight or wear a hippie wedding dress but it's nice to know it can be done



Time to stock up on hippie/hipster/bohemian pieces! Who says an uptight bitch can't dress like a free bird?

0 comments:

Post a Comment