Pigging out on NY food at Borough

The boyfriend and I finally decided to eat at Borough after a year of just trying their oven-baked cheesecake. Last time we ate there, the place was still in the soft opening phase so we were itching to try most of their food last night. As a result, we ordered waaay too much food for the two of us. I was already nursing an acidic tummy on my attempt to drink a caipiroska with my French onion soup.


However, that was some awesome French onion soup. I couldn't get enough of the gruyere cheese and the crostini!


This being a New York-inspired joint, we also ordered the buffalo wings. No, not the chocolate wings but the usual kind. It did not disappoint. And we do know our buffalo wings. I also loved how they were generous with the dip, it even had chunks of bleu cheese!


Jake had the all-beef cheeseburger which, for Php 400, should be worth the price. I only took a tiny bite but I think the boyfriend enjoyed it with the fries. The patty was HUGE. The home-made brioche bun was also a huge plus. I've always had something against store-bought burger buns served in restaurants. 


My order, though, was the highlight of the night. I had the BBQ-pulled pork sandwich in a homemade hoagie with coleslaw and served with a side of Borough chips. I can't stop thinking about this sandwich. It was THAT good! The pork was perfectly barbecued and pulled into tender strips that filled the whole thing. I'm already craving for another one. I was torn between this and the cheese-injected portobello, so no regrets! 


For dessert, I had veto power over Jake who wanted to get the oven-baked Brooklyn cheesecake again. When we first tried Borough, he laughed at me when I said I wanted milk and cookies. Feeling like a silly kid, I ordered the cheesecake like he did. So last night, he finally conceded to trying the cookies. For such tiny things, they were yummy! Freshly-baked sweets served with cold milk are my weakness. I DO wish they were bigger and served more of the chocolate chip variety, though.


Happy times!


Oh, we also saw Prometheus before dinnerinks. This should have been my face after the movie. Jake fooled me into watching a movie about ALIENS. Argh.


0 comments:

Post a Comment