NYE 2011: Sparkly, happy people

Just like we did last year, rang in the new year with my family and Jake--minus the flashy fireworks. We settled for sparklers this year 'cause everyone was too tamad to set up (or even buy) fireworks. Excellent Media Noche courtesy of my mother and grandmutti--yummy pastas, baby back ribs, morcon, tacos, tomato soup, chicken, and too many desserts. 

For 2011, I want to finally grow up and revert to my serious, nerd mode. Well, I'll try. REALLY TRY for my own good. Anyhoots, it was a funny (yes, funny instead of fun) night with Modern Family, three rounds of Taboo, and pigging out.

Behold, my boyfriend has finally snapped and thinks he's a boxer. Jake's recently started boxing sessions and is so into it that he is prone to demonstrating punches and jabs every once in a while. Yes, even with people around. He's so cute and funny with his game face on that it's so hard to take him seriously. He even bought boxing gloves to prove his point. I personally support him, as I'm really hoping he'll do so well in the sport that I'll soon be living the Jinkee life. Hehe.

I also got my family to finally pose for an updated holiday photo, and this time we included all the dogs. Also wore our torotot hats for that festive look but Jake refused to wear the one I got for him, what's a new year picture without the torotot? So yes, with a bit of nagging and whining..tada!

He was defiant about it, though. He managed to sneak in a dirty finger 'cause I made him wear the feathery one. This was our HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOOLS! greeting on Facebook. Really suits us, yes.

 
 wearing Topshop see-through lace top, inner Forever 21 nude top, vintage denim shorts, Mango woven belt, Promod necklace, Kickers loafers
At the stroke of 12, we all went out to light up our sparklers. Jake celebrated with his smoke rings while we were waving our sparklers about. Awesome way to start the year with a view of our neighbors' fireworks and, amazingly, only a few ear-splitting firecrackers. I had a blast playing with the sparklers (while keeping a safe distance from Jake's kicks, of course) and was disappointed I couldn't figure out my camera settings so I could take pictures with lit-up words. Boo. Still, felt good to welcome the new year surrounded by my loved ones!

Happiest part of the night--our 3 rounds of Taboo! We played with each other for the first two rounds, before and after midnight and had our third round with my sister and Marla. Yes, we know it's meant for at least 4 players but we were having too much fun instantly guessing each other's clues that we didn't care anymore if we failed to follow the rules. Jake and I only had to say two or three clues, not even remotely related sometimes to the word, before guessing it right. I guess we know each other too well by now. I love our inside jokes and quirks. 

So far, so good, 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment