Thanking my lucky stars for 2010!



At the risk of sounding cheesy and sentimental, I'll go ahead and say it: 2010 was a year full of blessings and highlights for me. Spent New Year's Eve with my family and Jake and I remember feeling so happy we were all together to ring on the new year. I also started a diary for Jake where I planned to write short notes or whatever it is on my mind to him every day so I could give it to him, errrr, tonight. It was a brilliant plan, wasn't it? Imagine how sweet that would have been. That little plan lasted for about two months when I forgot all about it come February. Haha! This year, I'm planning to do it for real until New Year's Eve of 2011. Wish me luck!

2010 was also the year I had my gall bladder removed, and now I can't eat anything fatty or with cholesterol. I'm not even allowed to drink. But seeing as to how I've already violated these no-nos, I say good riddance and thank you for leaving me with a little scar as a souvenir of that lovely surgery. Not. I'm working on having it permanently removed because I am determined to be scar-free, even if it's just an inch long, by the next time I hit the beach.

Travel and career wise, 2010 was also an amaaaazing year. I think that was the year I got my raise. My boss also sent me to Hong Kong for training and I got my first ever official title when I passed the case study paper: Associate of the Australasian Compliance Institute or AACI. Don't even ask me what that means, I have no idea if it's significant but I do know that I'm entitled to use it after my name on emails, business cards, and such. Fancy stuff, really. While I was there, I also went to Macau for a side trip and my mom's friend toured me around. Right after that trip, I went to Bangkok with friends and my sister to soak up their culture. No, we did some major shopping and I'm itching to go back there. Place is amazing. THE CLOTHES WERE CHEAP AND AMAZING. Boracay in August was also one of the best moments of my life.

2010 was a good year for me and Jake. We both grew up. No major fights, no serious arguments, no petty dramas. We could go for days without seeing each other without any issues. We've finally moved past that mushy, always-have-to-be-together stage and managed to treat each other like best buddies. We're happy shopping, eating out, talking, playing, without turning on the sweet couple factor. I'm so happy and contented with how we are right now, I wouldn't change it for anything. We turned four this year! I have so many happy memories of our month-long anniversary countdown and anniversary dinner that I can't wait to plan what we'll be doing for our fifth. That reminds me, we need to top Valentine's 2010. We had dinner on my balcony with fairy lights and ordered all our favorite food and cooked some. It was romantic and funny at the same time. We both promised to eat out next year. Long story, hahaha.

Also bonded a LOT with my girls this year. I can't wait to see where our shenanigans will take us in 2011. We have to top what we've done for 2010 and I'm already anticipating our weekend dates. Started my blog too, and I'm really thankful I found my writing mojo again. I was afraid I lost my real writer self, no thanks to reports and essays and all sorts of boring, technical articles I had to write for school and work. I'm still working on getting my creative spirit back but I'd like to think I'm on the right track.

There are too many blessings and happy memories of 2010 that I can't even find the energy to write them all down. All I know is I'm thankful for having such a wonderful year and I can't wait to start another one. I'll be the luckiest girl in the world if 2011 is half as good as 2010. Can't wait to top off this year!

P.S. I was VERY tempted to include photos of 2010 highlights but I can't narrow them down to, at the most, five. I want to include all of them but that would officially make this blog a full-fledged Facebook album. GAH. Okay that's it, I can smell dinner so tata!

Photo from Etsy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment