The search for the best cheesecake in town

My boyfriend loves cheesecake. In fact, he's very picky about his cheesecake that he won't order again if a certain restaurant does not meet his cheesecake criteria. I've compiled a list of some cheesecakes we have tried from different restaurants to brush up on my non-existent food reviewing skills. We always tend to gravitate towards Dome, La Creperie, Cupcakes by Sonja, and Goodies N' Sweets, to name a few for me and my boyfriend with the sweet-tooth, so for a change, here are some cheesecake spots to try:

Dôme Café's New York Cheesecake and Blueberry Cheesecake
This is one of our favorite places for desserts. When we would grab dinner or lunch at Shang, we would head here for cheesecakes or carrot cakes with a cup of cappuccino. Jake looooves their New York and Blueberry cheesecakes. Dome's cheesecake is always creamy with that no-baked quality perfect in every cheesecake. We would usually order a personal slice each since, like Joey Tribbiani, Jake doesn't like to share his cheesecakes. Kidding. One is never enough for him. 

As for their carrot cake, I'm biased to my mom's home-made version but I must admit it comes close. Heh.


Where to get this: Shangri-la Plaza

Goodies N' Sweets' Oreo Cheesecake
Yes, we are madly crazy over their Chocolate Decadence and Banoffee pie but every once in a while, we get tired of ordering those so Jakester tried their Oreo cheesecake. This one, I liked. I'm really partial to anything with Oreo so I had no problem stealing bites when wasn't looking.


Where to get this: Greenhills Carpark Building

Borough's Oven-Baked Brooklyn Cheesecake
One of the best I've tried--Borough's Brooklyn cheesecake with toasted pecans is rich and creamy with the perfect consistency. The caramel sauce tops off the perfect taste of this cheesecake and I immediately did not regret my order. See, I was supposed to get their Mom's Cookies and Milk since I was originally eyeing it on the menu. However, the boyfriend laughed 'cause it was so kid-like daw so I was peer-pressured into ordering something else. Good call!


I can't wait to eat here again to try their signature New York comfort food dishes. 

Where to get this: Podium

Parvati's Triple Decker Cheesecake
When Parvati first came to Trinoma, my mom and I were there almost every week to check out all their goodies. Our favorites include the Triple Decker Cheesecake, Cream Cheese Brownies, Frozen Brazo de Mercedes, Chocolate Crinkles, Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Custaroons, among others. It took me a while to convince Jake to eat here 'cause he already assumed it was overrated. I did manage to convince him though and he liked, as expected, the Triple Decker. You can't go wrong with three layers of chocolate cake, cheesecake, and brownies, I say. In fact, I loved it so much my officemates surprised me with a whole cake for my birthday last year:


Lately, though, I've noticed it no longer has the same quality, taste-wise. It tastes dry and bland compared to the rich cheesecake taste before. I guess they changed the ingredients or something. I just wish they'll make 'em like they used to.

Where to get this: Trinoma Mindanao Ave. Lobby

Jack's Loft's NY Cheesecake
We were having beers to end our date one rainy Saturday night when I decided to order a cheesecake to go with my after-drinks latte. It's fine, nothing to rave about. I guess I shouldn't expect much since it's a place for drinking mostly. Jake just smirked at me with an "I told yo so" air about him. Hmp. It's pretty confusing because I remember liking their cheesecake when I ordered it in their Trinoma branch. Oh well.


Where to get this: Wilson St., Greenhills

Banapple's Blueberry Cheesecake
I recently introduced Jake to Banapple when we passed by the original Katipunan branch last week. We were supposed to eat dessert at Wicked Kitchen (Gluttony yes!) but he was acting up and before I knew it we were zooming past the U-turn slot and on our merry way to Santolan. We ordered banoffee pie and blueberry cheesecake and the verdict? He didn't like it that much. They didn't give us a fresh slice so it had  a dry consistency that's a no-no for every cheesecake. I was a bit disappointed. I've been wanting to take him on a Banapple brunch date but I guess that's not gonna happen anytime soon.


Where to get this: Katipunan

Cake2Go's Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
Surprisingly, their dulce de leche cheesecake tasted good. It's sweet and cheesy and made me like dulce de leche--which I usually hate. I didn't expect this from a commercialized fast-food-ish cake store. I ordered their Toblerone cake and pretty soon I was attempting to eat Jake's order instead. I can't wait to try their other cakes and Sundaes2Go which looks promising with it's ice cream concoctions. 


Where to get this: Gilmore Street

I also like Sweet Inspirations' cheesecakes which my mom would usually buy after picking up my sister at Ateneo. I don't have pictures of those since we usually gobble them up before I can attempt to take shots. 

I'm feeling too hungry now and it's way past lunch-time so I'm not sure if I missed any other cheesecakes we've tried. I'll be updating this when I have more time.

Happy eating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment