Singapore-lah Day 1

Before I went to the land of chicken rice, I only had shopping plans on my mind. I had no idea I was going to enjoy the other sights and activities Singapore has to offer. I already can't wait to go back to this amazing country (and make a beeline for Orchard Road and Universal Studios).

Mitch, Maan, Ryan and I felt like we had to take a bus from the airport going to the hotel to truly travel backpacker style. We had no idea buses follow the one-way rule and we found ourselves circling Penang Road and Orchard before we finally arrived at Bugis. It was worth the long ride, though. The scenery (ehem, shopping malls) was amazing. It took all of my willpower not to leave my suitcase and bags on the bus and run to the nearest mall. Err.


We found an awesome hawker place a few steps away from our hotel near Bugis Village. After a quick lunch of authentic Hainanese, we set out to finally see some sights. First up on our jam-packed itinerary: Singapore Zoo and Night Safari!

We took a bus going there because we missed the shuttle along Orchard Road. We took two buses, actually. Here's me posing like a geek in front of this sign while waiting for the second bus to take us to the zoo. "Every Singaporean Son" on National Geographic, anyone?

wearing Chatuchak market sheer top, Black Sheep shorts, Fitflops, Aldo necklace, Longchamp Le Pliage

Yay! Tickets for foouh please! We got a great 3-in-1 package that already includes tickets for the Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, and Singapore Flyer.


I've always wanted to see a giraffe since my last time was when I was in kindergarten for our Manila Zoo field trip. Other animals I got a huge kick out of seeing  at the zoo were the white tigers, penguins, kangaroos, cheetahs, lions, rhinoceros, meerkats, orangutans and flamingos. Tadah!


After a quick merienda and Ben & Jerry's (I love how they have Ben & Jerry's everywhere here!) we headed off to the Night Safari. You have to ride in a guided tram and it's pitch black the whole time. You can't use your flash when taking pictures to avoid startling the animals so I had no good pictures from the ride except when we were pasaway during the trail walks and had to use flash coz it was sooooo dark and scary. During the tram ride, there are no fences between you and the animals so you had to be quiet or else. The trail walks were also scary since they just built walking trails inside the forest and if you were really clumsy and absent-minded you were bound to get lost. There were also bats and squirrels everywhere so yeah, I screamed a lot.

Something you shouldn't miss at the Night Safari: the Creatures of the Night show! All the animals were trained and my favorite part was the white wolf. Dedicated kung dedicated sa pag awooo! I hope when I return here I'll get to see Sheba and Inuka, their polar bears!

0 comments:

Post a Comment