To the land of chicken rice!

I'm leaving for Singapore in a few days (in less than 48 hours, actually) and I'm too excited about shopping to think about anything else. I have proudly restrained myself from shopping at Topshop this weekend despite the ongoing 50% off sale so I'm hoping against all the shopping gods that it's cheaper to buy clothes at Topshop Singapore.Wish me luck.

Also, I can't wait to try authentic Hainanese Chicken. We are, after all, headed to the land of chicken rice and hawkers so I'm already anticipating one big cheat week. Gash. We also finally got to try Wee Nam Kee at Ayala Triangle Gardens, which seemed fitting so I can at least compare it to the SG counterpart. The hype has already died down so we were able to eat there last Friday night without a reservation. My friends and I ordered the Hainanese Chicken for 4, half steamed and half roasted, plus fried rice good enough for our group of three.



The chicken was huge enough for all of us. I particularly loved the ginger, soy sauce, and chili sauces you can mix and match to your taste. It tasted weird at first because I'm not fond of ginger but it eventually grew on me. The chicken by itself was great, but the ginger concoction really made it perfect. 

Ambiance-wise, Wee Nam Kee has that casual elegance vibe plus the service is great. We didn't wait too long for them to serve our food. The place was full of yuppies and stressed-out Makati people that made me wish they also served beers and cocktails to liven up the place.

 wearing Kamiseta top, H&M skirt, vintage flats

Ayala Triangle never gets old. There's something about dining inside a park that's too relaxing.  I wish I have the time to bring the dogs back for brunch, like we did before with Chuck and Pepper at Bon Chon. Or maybe I'm just not used to seeing wide-open green spaces here in Manila. I wish they'll do the same for our remaining "parks". Luneta, maybe? I haven't been there yet (ever) and would love to visit it one day. The joggers at Ayala Triangle can be pretty annoying, though. I was shoved at least twice when I was walking along the grass. I wish management would set-up a joggers trail to avoid one too many joggers all vying for space. They can also do with more dessert places. Banapple's perpetually fully booked and I'm not an Amici gelato fan, except for their sansrival gelato which is nooom. Cupcakes or a decent cake shop, yes?

Anyway, I have to head home and pack or else I'm a dead girl! Kiss!


0 comments:

Post a Comment