Something sweet and mushy for the boy I love


For being there for me when I'm at my lowest, for listening to me rant so I can let it all out. For being my shopping buddy, my best friend, for being the only person I trust with my life. For holding my hand through everything and everywhere--traveling to new places, when I feel like crying, when I'm feeling like a kid in a huge crowd. It's the small things, when I reach out automatically and my hand finds yours even without looking. For being there with me to try new places, for breaking our diets together. For knowing exactly what to say amidst my mindless chatter, for knowing when to shut me up and how to get me to start talking. For never failing to make me laugh or dissolve into fits of giggles when things start getting too serious. And for being the only person I can enjoy comfortable silences or sarcastic arguments with. For being there to support me and to guide me in my decisions. For not letting me revolve my life around you, knowing there's more to us when we can live for days without seeing each other. For going along with my mood swings, for rolling your eyes at me when I'm being too shallow and for putting on a straight face when I'm being too serious. For being the only person I know I can share all my secrets with, however shallow or deep, because I know you will never judge me. For loving rainy beach trips with me, for taking care of me when I'm too out of it to function. For making me feel like a kid in our early twenties, and for helping me appreciate myself when I'm all out of self-worth. For saying yes when I plan trips and dates on a whim, for knowing when to say no when I'm pushing things too far and for letting me bribe you with beers when you know I'd still want to do it anyway. For having the energy and patience to put up with me for four and a half years with a smile on your face.

I love you Jakester, always and forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment