I'm no food critic but I'm feeling overconfident this morning

Finally tried Omakase with Jake after weeks of hyping. The verdict? Well, I love their sushis and the tempura. You can't go wrong with deep-fried rolls of salmon and cream cheese. Ambiance-wise, perfect for dates 'cause they keep it hush-hush and plushy with the velvet seats and lighting. I have to give them props for the waiting area, we got there at 11AM and we had to wait to be seated and with the fountain and comfy couch, you wouldn't mind waiting. Overall, we felt we could have had a better time, busog-and-satisfied-wise, at Teriyaki Boy where it's cheaper. We're a bit picky about our Japanese food, you see, and Jake wasn't very happy with his Beef Teppanyaki. At the end of our meal, we pretty much summed up that Shinjuku Ramen House>John&Yoko>Sumo Sam>Teriyaki Boy>Omakase. Or maybe they were having a bad day and we ordered the wrong food? Huh. Now I'm curious how our lunch could have turned out if we ate at Borough as planned. Jake's been craving NY food but we were itching to try Omakase once and for all. We had a great time talking and bonding, though. Nothing beats that.



Lovely Sundate, as usual, and I was the designated driver. Jake has this way of fooling me when I'm driving and I always fall for it. I'm gullible and I get confused easily when he's yelling at me when I'm trying to focus on the road. I love him for that haha! He has also been cooperative recently and has agreed to take photos of my outfits for my Chictopia and Lookbook accounts. He does it with a sarcastic smirk every single time, too, but I don't mind. I also caught him red-handed absent-mindedly doling out sweet lines from a memorized template. He was saying, "I love you. You're the best." and followed it up with "I'm sorry. I love you." before going "Ooops, mali!" LOL. He was too cute and I couldn't hate him for it.


wearing Zara striped tee, vintage Calvin Klein denim shorts, Bayo oxford shoes, Esprit vintage pouch

0 comments:

Post a Comment