This world is a warm, sunny park.

Humdedum. I turned 22 (yeah I have to stop pushing for twenteentwo) last Friday and I spent my day with the Jakester topped with dinner with mi familia. After I picked him up at Ortigas (see my rants about the failed shopping spree mega sale in my previous post) we headed to Makati to eat lunch at Apartment 1B. Everything was so yummy, from our french onion soup with gruyere cheese, baked samosas to our baby back ribs and three-cheese veggie lasagna. The wine and beer were perfect too, just what we needed after the horrendous traffic at Ortigas. Service was excellent, ditto with the ambiance. Mr. Aga, the doorman, was nice enough to take our pictures and was very accommodating all throughout Jake's yosi break hihi.



While we were walking back to the car--being the ditz that I am I parked a block from the place, I saw the lovely Salcedo park all sunny and sparkly and decided to have an impromptu photoshoot 'cause it's my birthday after all. Jake couldn't say no to the birthday girl but proceeded to take a "short nap" on the bench so I ended up tugging and nagging at him to get up.  Sigh. I was too perky to let him dampen my spirits so tada!

wearing Zara skirt, Chatuchak chiffon petal dress as top, vintage lace crochet belt, Kickers moccasins, Nine West bag

For desserts, we were craving Chocolate Fire but I was too lazy to drive all the way to Leviste from Apartment 1B so we went straight to Greenbelt 5 for my shopping spree gift. Topshop cheered me up, not so much for Zara (Powerplant branch you better be nice to me), and I got a few tops I've been lusting after. We argued a bit on where to get dessert and ended up at Haagen Dazs since at the end of the day, we were both craving ice cream. Nom nom nom. You can never go wrong with Haagen Dazs.


We were running late after dessert and we wanted to pick up Chuck at Jake's place so we can take him to Malabon with us for my birthday dinner. Traffic was crazy at Makati and it took us an hour to get to Greenhills. My ever so sweet boyfriend decided to fool around while I was so stressed driving and he took pictures of me with his gangsta cap on. Gawd. These are the times when I wish I drove a matic 'cause by the time we got to Greenhills my legs were so sore from the stupid clutch. We got Rico, Jake's driver--also the birthday boy!, to drive us to Malabon and off we went with Chucky boy and Nikki to eat dinner with my fam. Chuck's the cutest in the car, he kept nosing around and bothering Nikki with her laptop and kept insisting on sitting on Rico's lap while driving hee. He's the cutest. My Estrel's cake also the cutest nomnomnom. Cheers to 22 (ack)!


0 comments:

Post a Comment