Heart-shaped burgers & cupcakes bring out the kid in me


Friday night dinner at Serendra with Jake and we've been planning to check out Chuck's Deli and try their Chuck's burgers and the Chuckatsu slabwich. However, when we got there, we found out they close early even on Fridays (10pm-ish) so, in a defiant and spoiled brat-induced state, we set out to find a place where we could still get our burger fix. We walked around Serendra for a bit, arguing on where to eat, when we finally decided on Murray & D'Vine 'cause I've been wanting to try their heart-shaped burgers (!!! I know!!!) When we got there, Tito Phil--Jake's dad, was also there with his friends and (my boyfriend's so lucky he was spared from having to pay for our date) he treated us! You should have seen Jake's huge smile. Lucky boy. Anyhoots, I felt like a kid anticipating my heart-shaped burger and I was also tinkering with the miniature bottles of Heinz ketchup and mustard. I do regret not getting wine and settling for a huge iced tea, instead. I was feeling sleepy and didn't want to risk unwanted wine-induced scenarios with Jake. It's always nice to eat dinner at Serendra. The ambiance manages to be cozy and busy, and there's always a cool breeze when you dine outside. And of course, Sonja's cupcakes is just right across.

Before and after with a broken heart. I got the one with bleu cheese and it was oozing! Jake got his usual bacon burger. Burgers are top-notch with thick patties, caramelized onions, and yummy bread.

Of course, we're dining outside for the perpetual smoker.
wearing Zara striped boat-neck top, Forever 21 skirt, Bayo oxford shoes, Forever 21 head band, Toledano vintage bag

Jake enjoying his beer with his burger. Father and son!

And because I am me, we grabbed cupcakes for desserts. It's already so festive at Sonja's--all gingerbread men and candy canes. Instead of my latte, I got cold milk because I was already feeling sleepy. We ordered our usual cupcakes--PB & J and Vanilla Sunshine before we called it a night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment