Holidaze on a weekday at Ayala Triangle Gardens

The girls and I had dinner last night at Omakase. After a less than stellar lunch there with Jake, I decided to give it another try and ordered something safe. Food was yummy but it took AGES for them to serve it. I think I overdosed on my bottomless servings of raspberry iced tea while waiting but I can't complain since my tonkatsudon was top-notch We've been dying to check out the new strip of restaurants at Ayala Triangle Gardens and last night was the night. The lights and sound show was mesmerizing, made more complete with the almost-secluded feeling of standing on the grass in a breezy park when you can barely hear the hustle and bustle of Makati.

wearing Terranova top, Forever 21 skirt, vintage flats, Aldo necklace, Nine West bag
 

I'm definitely going back with Jake to try out BonChon Chicken since he highly recommends it. He ate there when he was in New York this year and I do hope the branch here has the same taste and quality. We tried to eat there last night but the long line was just insane, ditto with Wee Nam Kee. Maybe next time we should head earlier, maybe brunch time, or early evening so we can grab some good seats. Another plus of the park is that you can bring dogs. We were sitting next to this couple with a cute shih-tzu puppy and I've been thinking about bringing Gingey for a change. She rarely ventures outside but she's a cutie:


Speaking of restaurants, I'm dying to try out Borough again now that I've read reviews about the milk and cookies. I wanted to order it the last time we were there but I was torn between that and the oven-baked Brooklyn cheesecake. Maybe I can convince Jake to grab lunch there next time we're in Podium. Sigh. I'm bored to my wits end waiting for our Christmas party to start. I'm trying to convince my workmates to head there early so we can already start drinking but they seem keen on staying here. Sigh. I think I'll just take my reindeer antlers out and parade around in my boots to pass the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment