This is how Jake and I celebrate Christmas

Every holiday season, Jake and I exchange presents early because we're almost never together on Christmas eve and Christmas day. This year will be our fifth Christmas as a couple, and for the past four years, he was always either at Tagaytay Highlands or Bacolod with his family. I'm not complaining because I get a major perk from this set-up: I get to open my presents early and we always celebrate ahead! Jake and I, we take Christmas gifts very seriously and always make a big production out of the whole shebang. Ditto for birthdays--I can't say the same for Valentine's because my ever so sweet boyfriend has long since deemed it "cliche and overrated." I know, right. Anyhoots, to get into the gist of this blog entry, here's a couple of scenes from our Christmas 2010:

This year, he gave me the best gift any boyfriend could give: he paid for my H&M shopping spree! Golds kept sending me photos of H&M while he was inside the store in Canada and I kept saying "yes, buy that, that, and that." I panicked when my total bill amounted to $140. Jake stepped in and saved the day--I love you Jakester! On the down side, I got him his latest kicks wish list: Air Jordan 9! Golds also got it for us when he was in Canada. Jake's so in love with it, he wore it for our Orgylove Christmas dinnerinks that night. He walks funny when he's wearing his precious kicks, he hates creasing them. Boys. I'm still figuring out how to recover from my gift, I'm THIS close to suggesting we get each other home-made presents next year. Maybe a hug? It's the thought that counts, right? But knowing Jake, it's not gonna happen. Hahaha!

wearing Topshop top, Forever 21 skirt

We also had our pre-Christmas date before his flight yesterday. We ate at Charlie's coz it's near Jake's (he still had to pack) and because we were craving comfort food. You can't go wrong with their black Angus burger and buffalo wings--it's been our usual orders ever since and we never deviate--except when I ordered the Philly cheese-steak when we first tried it out at their Kapitolyo branch. Ronac has some new stores and I'm dying to check them out. Jake didn't want to because he wanted to play PS3 and to pack. We walked back to his house and he let me play Assassin's Creed 2 on his PS3. I was laughing at their Italian accent but Jake was taking it seriously and kept grabbing the controller from me. Figures. I could barely control my character while he was walking, let alone fight the soldiers or Templars or whatever you call them. Ended the night and said goodbye with a tight hug but Jake was obviously more sad about turning Chucky over to me for the holidays. Lol. 


wearing Forever 21 sweater and denim shorts, Kickers loafers


Merry Christmas from us! It's not too late to buy me presents, my lovely friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment