Flitting out and about

Spent my Tuesday with Jake, Mom, and sister. I was feeling thin that day so I splurged on sweets and Greek food. Jake also had the unfortunate brilliant idea of enticing me to a surprise shopping spree at Forever21 when I wasn't in the mood. I don't shop well when I'm confused and a bit mentally distracted--I tend to gravitate towards stuff I've already bought and buy similar styles, not to mention my disorganized (usually thorough and systematic) inventory of the whole store. It takes a lot of preparation to shop, mind you. You have to be armed with a lot of nerve to wreak havoc on your ATM account, or in this case, your boyfriend's ATM account. He kept insisting on a floral skirt when I had my heart all set on a gray top and a vintage tee. We spent the better half of our date distractedly pulling stuff out of their hangers with me yelling, "I don't liiike it!" and him alternating between whining "you're always here! We were just here last week! You bought that same style na!" and proffering clothes at me ("this will look good on you".) Gawd, that date did not end well.

 wearing Mango top and Levi's jeans

But trust me, it was retail and food therapy at its finest. After we've recovered from that minor fiasco, I met up with mom and sister at Cyma. We ordered so much food that I can't even look at Mediterranean food right now. It was a fun night, just us three bonding and pigging out.

 

The next day, I stupidly gave in to the temptation and looked at F21's fall collection spread. The exact same skirt that my boyfriend was offering to buy for me was on it, and it looked good. Like, I-have-to-have-it-right-now good. I whined and offered to cry the whole day until he gave in...but not without me admitting that he was right all along. How do you accept the fact that your boyfriend has better taste than you? I was quite proud of him, actually. He is now officially my perfect shopping buddy. Aaaand, he has reverted back (well, temporarily) to his sweet side and bought me the skirt yesterday. I was so kilig. It was the thought of him shopping alone in the place he hates most in the world that made it special. He was so cute and funny when he kept calling me 'cause they ran out of of the color and sizes, plus he was so intent on buying the perfect skirt it just made me want to go awwwww. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

 

Anyhoots, tomorrow, I'll be good and ready for round two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment