Oh dear god, am I finally growing up?

I am no longer amused with Becky Bloomwood's antics. I suhwear. I have read all the Shopaholic books and all of Sophie Kinsella's novels (except the Madeline Wickham books) and I've always been an ardent fan of her characters. Becky Bloomwood was my role model. I loooved her, used to laugh out loud and nod along with her musings. But now, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that she is a spoiled stupid idiot. I'm only halfway through Mini Shopaholic so I don't want to judge, but it's like she never grew up. You would have thought that recurring piles of debt, getting married and giving birth with all sorts of public humiliation would teach her a lesson--but nooo, she keeps repeating the same stupid mistakes over and over! I'm no hypocrite--I'm a self-confessed shopaholic, but I'm not that irresponsible. Geez. Talk about shallow.

Wow. Am I on my way to becoming a mature, responsible person? No? Okay. Ooooh, that reminds me: I have a new favorite word: mosey. With a British accent. Preferably with Tim Roth's sarcastic smirk and hilarious tiptoe-ing. I can't wait to try it out. Someone shoo me away from a room soon just so I can say, "well I'll be moseying along in a bit" with a flounce. No. Make that while tiptoeing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment