Baguio at a glance

My last trip to Baguio was back in grade school. So yes, I was beyond excited when my officemates and I went to the cool City of Pines last January. I was so excited that I downloaded and religiously followed Our Awesome's Planet guide to all the best spots and restaurants in Baguio. We managed to check out and try most of them and I'm already itching to head back!

Zara striped knitted top, Mango jeans, Rubi leopard flats, Debenhams scarf
First things first, we stayed at my boss's ginormous rest house. It is HUGE. And by huge I mean it had nine bedrooms and managed to house the ten of us with plenty of space to roll around.


While going to various places, I also kept wondering if I could ask my boss's driver to stop while driving along the roads since I thought these little flowers were sunflowers. I was literally pointing at every bend and curve, amazed that my favorite sunnies were in full bloom and, more importantly, free for picking!!! Imagine my disappointment when I saw a bunch up close while at Camp John Hay only to find out they were technically wildflowers or "weed". STILL PRETTY!!!!
 

This being Baguio, we were greeted by strawberries and strawberry-based products everywhere we went. We arrived at 4am in the morning and the first thing we bought was a strawberry taho from a street vendor. It was just like your ordinary taho but with strawberry syrup and bits. Yummy! We tried it again while pasalubong-shopping at Mines View.


And who cares if it's freezing? We couldn't resist getting some fresh strawberry shake! I asked them to put lots of milk so it was creamy and had strawberry bits. I didn't mind the brain freeze that came with it!


We also bought giant strawberries for pasalubong. We went to the public market along Session Road and haggled with the palengke vendors. We were told that the "shoga" variety is the best since they're big and don't get mushy right away. I lugged a kilo going home.


What else is there to do in Baguio besides sleep and eat strawberries? Pose with a pink unicorn horse! The men at Mines View literally counted how many shots were taken and billed me for each one. I was like, WHAAAAAT? You managed to count all that? I can only hope the moolah directly benefits the horses. Poor, cute things.

Forever 21 sweater, Zara floral skirt, Dorothy Perkins tights, Bass Mary Janes
There were also some cute and cuddly St. Bernards available for photo ops but I chose this pink thing. I have a weakness for horses. I'm a frustrated equestrienne, just ask my mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment