When in Baguio, eat local: Everything Nice Cake Shop & Cafe

Camp John Hay was the nearest place of interest near the bossing's house where we stayed in Baguio. We had her driver drop us off at the R.O.X. store on Loakan Road and we walked uphill to check out the restaurants by Pitstop before hoarding raisin breads at The Manor.

I found this cute organic kiosk at the back of Pitstop while we were waiting for our campfire. The place, called Little Soapmakers, lets you buy organic soaps by the pound ala Lush. They were reasonably priced and offered a wide variety of scents and ingredients.


I was a bit disappointed when I saw our bonfire. I had envisioned a campfire-like bonfire where we can sit around and tell ghost stories. There was hardly any room to sit so we ended up ditching the fire to eat dinner back at the Ayala Technohub.


We decided to eat at Everything Nice mainly because the place looked cozy and inviting on a freezing night. Everything was warmly lit inside and we were in a hurry to eat so we can head to Batirol for some hot choco. 


Food-wise, we were not all that impressed. The quality was so-so for the prices. For instance, my boss hated her callos upon tasting it and ordered a different meal right away. There were some stand-outs, though. I think the trick is to know which dishes to order for a worthwhile experience.

My boss had the spinach soup which we split into two. I loved this creamy version with spinach bits. It was piping hot and perfect for a 15 degree Baguio night.


Ms. Remy, our assistant, ordered the pork spareribs (P195) which was a huge slab of tender ribs in barbecue sauce served with balatinao rice. She seemed to enjoy her meal and had no complaints, taste-wise.


I was in a breakfast food kind of mood so I went with the "renowned" Baguio longganisa (P165) served with balatinao rice and two eggs. While I liked their version of the healthy brown rice, I was underwhelmed with the teeny pieces of longganisa. Taste-wise, I would still prefer Vigan longganisa but this wasn't too bad. It was a bit bland and could use more garlic.


I mistakenly told the girls not to buy desserts there, thinking that Batirol would surely have pastries to go with our hot choco. It was drizzling outside when we were done with dinner and these signs from the kitsch shop outside amused me while we waited for the car. I'd love to buy one and put it outside my room for the benefit of my inspector grandma. Ha!


Everything Nice Cake Shop and Cafe
Baguio AyalaLand Techno Hub
Camp John Hay

0 comments:

Post a Comment