Hoarding organic goodies at Ilog Maria

Every year, I make it a point to hoard a list of essential items whenever I find myself going to Ilog Maria. It's such a hassle to go there from Tagaytay but the place is always worth a trip!


Ilog Maria Honeybee Farm has an awesome array of organic, au naturale products made from honey and bee propolis harvested straight from their farm. Since I'm into organic, paraben-free products now, this place is like a haven for me. What I love about Ilog Maria's products is that they smell good and last long, compared to other organic products that expire or melt easily.


Our favorites are the natural handmade lavender and spearmint soaps, honey propolis shampoo, lavender liquid soap, honey propolis throat spray (great for itchy throats!), and aromatherapy oils. We will basically hoard these items, especially the handmade soaps, to last us for a couple of months before heading back. There's nothing like the soothing scent of the lavender or spearmint soap during a hot shower before sleeping. It's my go-to de-stresser these days! 


I went with Jake, Mitch, and Dana on my last trip there last Christmas season. As I've said, it's really worth the drive from Tagaytay rotunda and the narrow forest-like alley just to see the bee farm. I can't wait to head back again when my supplies run low!

H&M top, F21 skirt, H&M gladiators

To head to Ilog Maria, turn right at the Tagaytay Rotunda (where you can see Chowking and Jollibee) and go straight all the way down to Silang until you see a Petron station on the left side--make sure to watch out for the big blue sign on your right because that's your cue to turn right into the leafy narrow alley going all the way to the farm. The place is closed on Mondays and holidays so it's best to head there during weekdays or first thing in the morning if on weekends. Go early 'cause sometimes there are vans of people visiting and you might have to wait for a fresh batch if they run out of stocks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment