When in SG, eat local: 136 Hong Kong St. Fish Head Steamboat

We originally wanted to eat at Maxwell Road hawker center or Makansutra Gluttons Bay on our last evening but it rained all day so we decided to stay close to our place. We had a 5am flight to catch, after all! We chanced upon 136 Hong Kong Street Fish Head Steamboat restaurant while trying to cross towards the food street. We noticed it's jam-packed and had all these magazine reviews out on display. Luckily, there was a free table for our group of 9.


I had no idea we were in for a culinary treat! This place is amazing! I'd go back here over and over again if I could! Ambiance-wise, the place is just a simple, no-frills Chinese restaurant. Their real come-on is their menu.


Because, CREAMY WASABI PRAWNS. Too much for words. 


And crunchy spicy baby squid. We couldn't get enough of these!!!


And the namesake dish, fish head steamboat! It's a cross between sinigang na bangus and paksiw but with less asim. I'm personally not a fan but it's a good experience.


We also ordered the crispy fried garlic chicken which can't go wrong.


And one of my favorites, the sizzling minced pork with bean curd! It was my first time to try this dish and I've been looking for it here in Manila ever since!


My cousin, Inah, also joined us for dinner after a day of shopping at Orchard Road. I was so happy our last meal at Singapore ended on a high note. I can't wait to foodie-trip there again!

P.S. Don't be fooled by the restaurant's name because it's no longer located at Hong Kong Street, you can find it at 291 South Bridge Road right across Chinatown food street and near Maxwell Road hawker center.

0 comments:

Post a Comment